Monday, March 02, 2009

Mondays can KILL

Mondays are very dangerous. Especially when one has six hours of Maths lecture, namely: Number Theory, Commutative Algebra, Algebraic Geometry, Galois Theory (x2) and finally Hyperbolic Geometry.

What also makes matters worse is that I'm not allowed to go to sleep yet as it is too early, and that I have a lot of work to do. I also have a test on Thursday which I am not particularly looking forward too.

From the modules that I'm taking this semester, I have to say that Algebraic Geometry is one which I hate the most at the moment as I don't have a clue as to what's going on. Then I next suck at Galois Theory (sadly) as it is very hard in my opinion, and I am lazy and I do not like Algebra!

The good thing is though, that my algebra modules do over lap which is helpful at times. You see Galois Theory is a fourth year module so to us third years everything is NEW, but not for the fourth year students. (As in Commutative Algebra Eisenstein's Criteria for the irreducibility of a polynomial in Z[X] was mentioned, which we covered in Galois Theory the other week.)

Deep breaths Beans. Results should be out on Friday. I have actually been having nightmares about them. I have been reduced to using short, disjoint sentences - you'll have to forgive me!

I feel that I am fast losing patience with a few things at University, but I need to find some discipline as fast as I can. Namely because I'm not studying at all as my routine has been completely disrupted, and this is beginning to show now!

Anyway - going to keep this short as I am going to try and sneak myself to sleep! By the way, there are Student Galois Group lectures this Wednesday (4th March!), which I will post more about tomorrow.

No comments: