Friday, September 26, 2008

Buying Books? Something you should know...

A comment left on an old post of mine by Nick, might be relevant to anyone looking to buy books (well someone like me!):

"Book buying can be very therapeutic. Warron Zevon once said that 'when we buy books we imagine we are buying the time to read them.' "

I am guilty as charged your honour! I am also finding out what it feels like to buy too many books and then not find the time to read them. (My imagination missed out this part you see.)

6 comments:

Abg said...

Indeed, excellent quote! I have a backlog of 3 books. I should probably force myself to go through at least one of them before buying new ones. :)

I tend to take out more books than I can handle at the library, too, but they do become quite handy for cross-referencing.

Beans said...

I think you're doing quite well for yourself with a backlog of three. Alternatively you could read a bit of each book so that you can buy another!

Yes - I never take one book out on a subject, but more than I can carry! I have ended up using Bella's library card and I think it's about time I returned some books...

egm said...

Guilty as charged here!

Beans said...

Do you think that we might find an innocent person around here?!

Radhika Cet said...

Hi,
I have come across an interesting maths software from http://www.goldenkstar.com It may be of interest to you.

Beans said...

Thanks for that link. I don't think I'll be trying anything just yet though (too busy!), but it might be useful to other people.