Sunday, May 25, 2008

Writing things down

The following quote had me laughing, namely because it is very true (in my case!)

I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on.

-Beryl Pfizer

I have actually done on that on a few occasions, and I'm still searching for one such paper! (I think I won't find it because when I got my wallet out of my pocket, I'm sure it fell on the floor).

Anyway, the lesson I learnt from that was to write the lists on bigger paper; however then it gets confused with your notes (etc) and you end up putting it somewhere you forget. (Or leaving it in someone elses office, and then being grateful when it is rediscovered!)

So it seems that perhaps we should use coloured paper for these lists? (It depends on what type of list of course. If I want to remind myself to do something upon waking up, then I just stick a paper on my desk with the list of things that needs doing. However for the lists I sometimes carry around with me (telling me who I need to see and to put the kettle on for refreshments etc) it really is horrible when they are misplaced.)

A note on revision for logic: it still has to happen, but I have two days which has to be enough. I got told of by Noddy for not revising today, but I have had the most gruesome of headaches you see. When I was deciding second year options, I was told something along the lines that in logic you either get it or you don't. I don't. Rather than wondering which exam has been my favourite, all my papers are fighting to be my worst ones. (At the moment it is a tie between algebra and discrete, but since my discrete coursework was worse that has the advantage). Sigh.

No comments: