Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sorry, but guess what I have more off?

Note: to anyone who can't access the Maths home page (and Professor Borovik's blog), you have write ".man" instead. I don't know why this change has happened, but I did worry for a second!

Apologise in advance, but I am in a "quotes" mood so keep your eyes open! Today has been another very exhausting day, and once again I got home at 8:15pm, only to find that I couldn't crash and burn. The two training sessions were OK today, especially the second one--that was great. But still 5-7pm is annoying, for it means no maths yet again. My brain is completely zonked out, and thankfully my eyes just fell upon my logic notes a minute ago! Why thankfully you ask? well I have to complete the coursework which has to be handed in tomorrow. Humbug. Questions one is dodgy, but it's just a matter of writing the mumbo jumbo in my head in LaTeX. I cannee be bothered, truth be told; but at least I remembered the foolish thing. (Imagine the horror if I forgot!)

I didn't pester that many people today--only my three PTs and my old workshop postgrad supervisor. It has been ages since we last spoke and it was nice to have a chat (which included talking about TGG!) I was also given some friendly advice , and was relieved that the post grad student understood what I said when I spoke of my results, and how I could have done better. (I was "forced" into telling them!) Seriously though, it was nice to talk to another "student" mathematician who understands me because of their own experiences with maths. (I was told not to give myself that a hard time though, for I had a lot on i.e. TGG etc).

My PT actually got the lightest of my pestering today, for as soon as I informed him about my plans of blackmailing certain lecturers, he hurried along! I saw PS today too, but once again the conversation didn't last long. (Teaching commitments. Hmpf!) Haha, so that leaves Dr. C! I stole four of his books, and when I went to return them he wasn't there!! (Hence why I told my PT that I will be blackmailing another lecturer...) I had to carry the darn books in my bag for a while, (and they're not the lightest of creatures), because I couldn't hang around due to a training session at lunch, till 3ish. Thankfully though, at 4 something I was able to rid myself of this burden, only to steal another book, but a lighter one. (I would call it borrowing, but stole is what Dr. C has written on his board...)

This book has two purposes: one to help me and the second which I thought of later: to actually erm... *whispers* blackmail with!! (Well Dr. C is the staff coordinator of TGG, and let us just say that I am still waiting for him to stick his poster up. This should hurry that process up right?!)

Anyway, enough of book stealing antics (I'm still avoiding Dr. E). I am actually quite relieved at one thing that Dr. C said to me today (makes a nice change!!) I had queried, probably hoping for false reassurance, whether he thought that the third task for TGG would require much work on my part. He informed me straight out that it will require a lot of work, but not with the a negative vibe, which I am used to expect from people. My PT also, encouraged me at the same time, whilst making it clear that a lot of my time will be used up. This bluntness actually worked better than reassurance, for that would have given me false hope. Now maybe, I won't blame Dr. C if things go pear shaped! (Yes, I lie).

Another "anyway" escaped me, but it's not my fault that everyone around me uses that word to "hint" something to me (any guesses as to what?) It doesn't work in case you're wondering. For example, suppose you take a certain dosage of a medicine. Eventually you will find that the tablets no longer work and you have to increase your dosage. The same applies to me... I did advise someone on how to change their approach, but thankfully it wasn't taken on board!

So to the few (million) quotes that I found through Google:

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Harry S. Truman


I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.
Donald Trump


Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain


The thing you really believe in always happens... and the belief in a thing makes it happen. -- Frank Lloyd Wright


Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model. Vincent Van Gogh

Do, or do not. There is no "try."
Yoda

Whoops--got carried away, but there are more still! Tomorrow is going to be *sigh* Yes--it's a Thursday and I can't remember what I am supposed to do. What joy!

No comments: