Monday, January 07, 2008

Top Reasons to Become a Statistican

9. Deviation is considered normal.
8. We feel complete and sufficient.
7. We are mean lovers.
6. We are right 95% of the time.
5. We can safely comment on someone's posterior distribution.
4. We may not be normal but we are transformable.
3. We never have to say we are certain.
2. We are honestly significantly different.
1. No one wants our jobs.

I will leave commenting on this for another moment. Too many things can be said about the above, but I just want to let any probability and stats people out there know, that they can be dead sure of number one! That list did have me laughing, especially number four about not being normal. I hope that doesn't interest anyone to become a statistician, for then number one will no longer we valid!! (This though, might explain why stats people are completely unfazed when annoying beings like me say: "Stats - aaahhhhhh!!!" *vomits*! )

2 comments:

crane said...

It's so funny!!I'm thinking to be a "statistician" right now and just consider if I am normal enough to become a transformable one.

Beans said...

Hi, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Lol, best of luck with it, although the thought of doing such a thing makes me shudder!