Monday, January 14, 2008

My "xkcd" moment.

I had been having an uninspiring time revising, and started doodling like all beans do. I don't think it's quite like what you find at xkcd, but I had fun scribbling images of things I felt like doing.
And a much more "exciting" one (which might need clicking on):

Caption competition anyone? Or can anyone figure out why that wannabe cowboy is saying what he is? Notice how I didn't write "applied maths" and just "applied"?

Should I just pack my pencils away right now and pretend this post never existed? Please don't tell xkcd... the shame would be unbearable!

I am going to send four emails in a second, but first I need to open my webmail - something which I haven't done in quite a while. My sad senses came across a schedule that needs sorting. I see it whenever I come across my blog, but somehow didn't realise what needs to be done. :(

Sigh. I have an exam in a few days and all I can think about, as I close my eyes, is the open land: majestic and welcoming. I am awake at this time because my internal system has gone haywire. I revise till about 4am in the morning and then wake up past midday. I'm continuously reminded about what will happen on the the exam days, but I am not panicking just yet. By the way-- this is the WORST possible way that I can revise. I am a morning revision person, but I have to make do with this silly thing. (No longer can people jokingly claim that I have lost another screw).

Going back to the second picture (before I send the emails), in two weeks time I will be throwing that match: MUHAHAHA. Yes - I can't wait for that blimmin' moment; but silly me is getting too excited thinking about it now, when I should focus on revising. Nevertheless "only two weeks left, doo daa doo day"! What can I say, I am hoping to rise from my ashes like a Phoenix.

Before I head of to sleep, here's the current track playing in my head, from Shrek 2. (Well the chorus is!)

I need some sleep
You can't go home like this
I try counting sheep
But there's one I always miss

Everyone says I'm getting down to low
Everyone says, "You just gotta let it go"
You just gotta let it go
You just gotta let it go

I need some sleep time to put the old horse down
I'm in too deep and the wheels keep spinning round

Everyone says I'm getting down to low
Everyone says, "You just gotta let it go"
You just gotta let it go
You just gotta let it go

You just gotta let it go
You just gotta let it go
You just gotta let it go

2 comments:

Craig said...

Hi Beans,

good luck with your exams in the next week or so.

I hope to make it to a few more of the Galois Group's lectures this semester, so see you there!

Beans said...

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the luck! We are all counting on some heavy scaling to happen. :o

Yes, I hope to see you there. Just need to get some title confirmations and abstracts, and the ball will be rolling again!