Thursday, July 26, 2007

The art of Googling (maths links).

I don't remember what exactly I googled, but let me just check my history. Ah yes, I wanted to see if maths lectures was written with an apostrophe s. That is, is it meant to be maths lecture's? I can't have mastered the art properly since all I'd googled was 'maths lectures'!

Anyway, from this I've found some nice links that I'd thought might be useful for mathematicians and maths undergraduates. (Some have been bookmarked on previous occasions).

About lectures


For undergraduates or first year students.

Maths Writing (recycled from my post on maths writing, which had a lot of preamble).

Notes and books etc
General

Don't worry, you're not expected to read them all at once - I for one didn't! Save them for a rainy day, which in my case was most of today. BTW I only discovered about four links today, and I'll save my Internet explorer bookmarks for another day!

I've ditched the magazine idea and my previous post as well! (For those who managed to catch a glimpse of it). The thoughts, 'biting of more than I can chew', seem to be echoed. In the document I'm writing I'll suggest it, but no more. You see I've decided that I only want to start this so called thing and then not take any responsibility of it. I have a hard time juggling my studies and I've never learnt how to juggle with more than 3 balls, which is a good enough reason. (Noddy has a fair point even though I've been arguing otherwise. Sigh.)

Sorry for those of you who are wondering what I'm blabbing about. Talking to myself again I suppose. Anyway, I might as well not type whatever else I'm saying to myself and so leave you with two 'nice' quotes- probably describing my mood ...

"The best way to keep one's word is not to give it."
Napoleon Bonaparte

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
Walt Disney.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the first link you gave, the riter quotes results from a survey. I thought mathematicians knew better than you and I, that surveys are a loada rollocks.