Sunday, June 17, 2007

Who owns the Fish?

Today has been a fun packed day indeed. I mean Saturday was! Pizza and playing on the Wii made everything perfect! I don't know whether I'd want to have the Nintendo Wii, but playing it one off (my first time!) with friends is always fun! It's pretty wacky and weird- well the boxing was, but the tennis was great! If you're not playing it, watching the people dance about playing it is always amusing to see. I mean the concentration on their faces... (damn I must have looked a fool as well, especially when my backhand wasn't too great). Yes, it's pretty enjoyable, but I wouldn't consider buying it. Apart from it being costly, my allegiance is to Sony and PlayStation. *cue evil laugh!* I could save up for it, but like I said, it's not something you'd wait all day to want to play. It's a one off thing when friends are over etc. so it'd be a waste then! BTW them Kakruo puzzles are great. Better than Sudoku if I may say, especially more difficult! I really enjoyed doing the five 'piece of cake' ones, although erm... they did take a while!

This post is my second one today, and it has two aims. First to buffer your reaction and mind, if you managed to read through all the random stuff on the first post! Secondly, it's a bit of fun! (You might want to use this post as a tea break if you do dare read the first post!) The first post was getting rid off some stuff, and it seemed I had a lot to throw. Anyway, the question of this post can be answered by the following clues. (This was in one of the editions of the school newsletter, but sadly we had no response!)


There are five houses in a row and in five different colours. In each house lives a person from a different country. Each person drinks a certain drink, smokes a certain cigar and keeps a certain pet. No two people drink the same drink smoke the same cigar or keep the same pet.
  • The Brit lives in a red house.
  • The Swede keeps dogs.
  • The Dane drinks tea.
  • The green house is on the left of the white house.
  • The green house owner drinks coffee.
  • The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
  • The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
  • The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.
  • The Norwegian lives in the first house.
  • The man who smokes Blends lives next to the man who keeps cats.
  • The man who keeps horses lives next to the one smokes Dunhill.
  • The man who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer
  • The German smokes Prince.
  • The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
  • The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
Who owns the Fish?


Actually I'm glad no one responded then, since I can't remember knowing the answer to this in Year 10! I have had a go at it, and have (I think) come up with the solution. Don't know whether it's correct, but if you do manage to find out who owns the fish, then please do let me know. (I can check my answer :D)

I leave you with this quote, which I also found in the same issue:

'Try not to become a man of success.
Rather become a man of value.'
Albert Einstein

3 comments:

egm said...

I have never really gotten into sudoku. I have never even done a single puzzle! But I did try out the easy kakuro puzzle on the site. Don't know if I'll get into it though...

As for the fish owner, I came up with the German.

beans said...

I got into in college- my further maths teacher made us do one in class (as well as the tsunami puzzles!). Sudoko are ok, but I think I lost interest in doing them (obviously when there's a group of us gathered around a newspaper, things are more interesting. :D)

I think puzzles like these are left for them long journeys!

Woohoo- that's encouraging, I got the same answer! (I'm grinning like a chesire cat at the moment. :D )

Anonymous said...

I got german too