Saturday, June 09, 2007

Resistance Fall of Man and a maths clan!!

Sun-3am:

Well I'd actually written this post yesterday, so here's the edited version of it! I'm sorry I can no longer take requests for my wall. Many thanks to those who did post stuff which I could write, and it seems to those that didn't they had my best interest at heart. (well that's what I'd like to think so anyway!) It's official I have lost another few screws- well tripping over the ladder and trapping my finger in the bed definitely contributed to that, but they were sacrifices that had to be made! (Unofficially- I'm mental! :D) Those who did, shall go down in the books as men of courage ... or should it be 'beans of courage'? Especially those who got their name on the wall!

I'm actually glad that I didn't go to Bradford today, as I'd initially planned to. Otherwise I would have come home to find my room in the state it is now. It looks OK, if I may say so. I miss the bright lime green though. :( (Yes I like bright colours, since my room tends to be sunny most of the time so a bright colour makes sense). We compromised on yellow- which I'm happy about- but it's not teletubby lala yellow, as I wanted! Ah well, that's where the compromise comes in! I'm afraid pictures etc. of my beautiful wall will have to wait till daylight- for they need sorting and they deserves a whole post for themselves . They're not great, since I didn't have much room to navigate in, but they'll do. I didn't have many colours unfortunately and the green ran out as well!

Anyway I'm waffling! I can't wait for my room to be complete since then I can at least have one agenda out of the way! (the worst one btw). I must say again- my mum is great at what she does. On cloud nine, one day, I'm going to buy her a house and she can decorate it and do whatever she so desires! (without having to compromise anything). I'm like my Dad in this field, I'm afraid, and well so is my lame sense of humour it seems! (I mean we make big plans at times, but we need a person like my mum to push us along. :o I think that's another way of saying that I can be lazy at times and do anything but what I'm supposed to do! Or I like taking my time! It depends on how motivated I am.)

Onto maths- yes, I still have to have a daily input of it! My brother was doing some Physics with my dad (muhahaha!) and I happened to be there. (to see if he wanted to play Cricket) However I got sucked into everything. Terminal velocity was discussed and my brother has some weird definition of it in his book. I didn't understand what he had but I told them what I knew. (not much) Anyway, my Dad then told me that can't I check it with my lecturer? I replied nope it's end of term and I'm not going to uni. now. I was thinking of posting it here and will do so in daylight, but I could always email him? Hmmm, maybe not- he'll probably then really be worried about my mental health! (watch this space).

Anyway, it actually was nice to know something and hey, newton's second law is my new best friend. I think it's important that we help my brother and sister, and it seems that my dad has also made me and tinky winky responsible for this. You see my dad teaching me in year9/10 made a huge difference in my schooling, a huge difference indeed. I guess it gave us motivation indirectly but it helped. I told my Dad that I can do maths, and a bit of physics and some chemistry. However, I think I'll let tinky winky do the physics and my dad the chemistry. Teaching experience is what I need, and although it's my brother, it's still something. I'm also considering doing two weeks of work shadowing at a secondary school in July, but it's early days yet.

Why I'm up at this time:

And guess what: I finally won! (That's the credit card edition which I got on my birthday last year. Not sure which I prefer, but it is fun. I think I should make a start on maths hysteria since it had something to do with monopoly in it).


Sat:
I have finished the campaign mode- however it was on easy! At the moment I'm going to forget this, but the games complete. It was 'ok', however the game has an online feature. Yes, this is where the fun is at. I risk sounding 'sad' but the online playing is great. Now I'm not here to advertise how good that game is, but on the online community one can create their own clan.

I intend to but I'm stuck on a name. Now I can't risk 'not' sounding sad, but I want the initials of my clan to be 'mss' since then it'd say '[mss] my id ' on the screen when I'm playing. Also I obviously want 'maths' to part of the name. My brother laughed at my idea, but it was much better than what he's using! It's something forgettable you see. He thinks my clan name will get laughed at, but I know that maths alights a fear in some people. Muhahah. Ahem, well that was my argument anyway!

So anyone got any ideas? 'Maths Sup. S....'? Gah- I'm pretty useless at the moment, but I meant sup as the supremum there. No idea why! 'Mathematicians S S

Help... please! :o

10 comments:

Jake said...

I hadn't ever heard of this game before you mentioned it but I thought you might be interested to know that it featured in this morning's news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm

beans said...

Wow- thanks for that link. I've played the mission which is in question and I do think Sony have a point as well. (erm... I'm not biased or anything...!) I never really knew that church was a real life building, and I think many other gamers probably are not aware of this either. (well until now that is!)

There are various other games which have church structures used and during gameplay I dont exactly think of the building I'm in! (but places where I can duck/hide!).

I suppose it is a sensitive issue, but they could always change that level if need be. (It's a good game though! :D)

egm said...

I am not a gamer at all, but at least I did know of the game. Mostly because of this article that profiled the company that developed the game, Insomniac Games. It also describes the extent of programming involved to take advantage of the powerful cell processor used in the PS.

Jake said...

I'm not a gamer but I have played various ones over the years. I used to like playing Streets of Rage and Golden Axe on the Sega Megadrive and also Super Mario Land on the SNES. Also, I used to play Colin McRae Rally with a former flatmate - he had the steering wheels and pedals which made it fun. That game also helped me to avoid having a car accident too.

beans said...

egm:

Once again WOW! Apart from being a long read, it was pretty interesting. I didn't know of the chip etc of a PS3!Sweet. (The graphics, gameplay etc are indeed great).

beans said...

Jake:

Unfortunately I'm not the gamer I once was! It's more of a controlled interest, since I was pretty well behaved during the year and didn't play much! Don't really have the time anymore, and thankfully we don't have the battles as to whose turn it is! We didn't get a games console until I started college- used to play on the PC all the time, hence why I haven't played the games you mention.

I have played Colin McRae and my brother bought the pedals and wheels as well! (hehe). Having read that playing on a games console helped your driving (wasn't too bad an accident I hope!), I have no choice but to run by you my theory of driving.

I believe that since I can drive cars on computer games, I should be able to drive in 'real life'. :D No one believes this, but I'm sure you won't disagree! (I mean my Dad won't let me demonstrate this using his car. Humbug).

Yes that's my brilliant excuse for not learning to drive, when all my friends, who have passed, ask me when I'm going to drive! Shame they don't believe me. :(


Oh and egm- we'll bring the gamer out of you soon. :D

Jake said...

Having read that playing on a games console helped your driving (wasn't too bad an accident I hope!), I have no choice but to run by you my theory of driving.

I believe that since I can drive cars on computer games, I should be able to drive in 'real life'. :D No one believes this, but I'm sure you won't disagree!


Well, there wasn't an accident, there just nearly was. It was snowing and I went into a skid round a corner but luckily I was able to react well and bring the car out of the skid avoiding collision - mostly because of the practice from Colin McRae Rally. At first when I played the game I was skidding all over the place but you gradually get the hang of controlling the car. When you skid, the natural reaction is normally to hit the brake and turn the wheel out of the skid which are the worst things you can do so it takes some practice to overcome the natural response.

I should qualify my remarks though - I don't think these games teach you how to drive but more how to handle a car in extreme conditions. (e.g. on poor surfaces, high speeds, whilst pulling off powerslides etc.). I mean you don't need to use many of the skills you need for driving on the roads in the game - mostly awareness and vision. There have actually been a couple of rally drivers who have turned professional after only practising on computer simulations like Colin McRae Rally but they could already drive conventionally first.

egm said...

Oh and egm- we'll bring the gamer out of you soon. :D

Good luck trying! Many have tried and failed :). I'll admit this though, at one point I was hooked on Mario. But only while at my cousin's place who had the game. That and the handheld Nintendos of back in the day, with my favourite being Donkey Kong. But today, none of that for me.

beans said...

Jake:

Trust me- I know what you mean about skidding all over the place! Lol- don't you go bursting my bubble! I have convinced many people of my theory, and altough they cautiously 'agree' they just need a demonstration! (enter dad's car, which unforunately needs to 'unlocked';) ). I suppose on the road, one will have to be more careful as to not crash into walls. :D

beans said...

egm:

Pfft, I don't need luck! ;) Well many should have persevered then. :D

Yes, I remember Donkey Kong! We used to play on my cousins consoles all the time, since we didn't have one back then. (He had a dream cast once upon a time). Donkey Kong and Tekken were games we used to always play.

Hmmm, you're going to be harder than I thought! Any reason why 'none of thats for you'?;)

(And so beings the trying...!)