Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm famous?

Now if everyones in the same dopey mood as me, then you'll probably be wondering, 'Really, how come I've never heard of you then?'. Seriously, staying up till the early hours of the day for two days in a week is not good for you! Last night was just stupid, because after I'd finished typing most of the coursework, I did some other questions!?! And then looked over some Linear Algebra stuff, whilst everyone else was probably sleeping.

I'm guessing that you're not in a dopey mood, and probably had spotted the question mark. I think I should change my name to 'dopey' for a while, as in one of them dwarfs, or 'dopey mathmo', but that's a bit too long. Nah, beans it is for now! So, if you did notice the question mark, take a Freddo.If you go to the Student Union shop tomorrow and find that there aren't any Freddo's left, you know who ate the last three. (That is, the people who spotted the question mark!)

So back to being famous. You know sometimes when you sit and ponder on life, you have brief bursts of 'inspiration'. Today, as I was pondering, not necessarily on life, I decided to Google my full name! Obviously not beans, but my real name (oooh). Yes I do possess one of them, although I'm one of them few lucky people you'll meet, that possess more than one name! Ask the staff at the example class, and a few lecturers. I'm sure they'll enlighten you with my other names (apart from 'the' real one! :p). I wasn't really expecting any results, but was shocked (and secretly pleased of course) to find that my name had a hit! The top most result was about me- hurrah! It wasn't about something wacky I've done, but it was just my college's homepage. Still though, I got a result. I decided to Google the Tweenies real name's as well and it seems like Milo is the only one who got a result.

So it's been a productive day I guess, I'll just have to wait for the queues of people who want to know what I'm famous for! I could keep the suspense going, and make people think I actually did something big, but then you'll be disappointed when you hear the truth. I was merely a student council member in college, and hence that's one of the reason's I could find my name! (that wasn't on page 1). Next year, it'll disappear so I might as well enjoy the few months I have this 'fame' I suppose. Don't worry, I won't let this fame get to my head! Come on now, it's not like I have much of a head (it's the weird types) and why would I make a big deal out of something this small. Actually why am I still talking about it?... :p

So are you famous? Or how famous are you? Google is your friend.

BTW: I TAKE EVERYTHING NICE I SAID ABOUT MATLAB BACK! I HATE IT, HATE IT MORE THAN BEFORE! THE SECOND COURSEWORK IS WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE. IT'S EVIL. THAT IS ALL- MATLAB IS NOT NICE!

3 comments:

Jake said...

What is a mathmo? I have heard/read it a couple of times but wasn't 100% sure what it meant.

Is it just a person who likes maths? From the context I had heard it in, it made me think that the word may have a pejorative context.

beans said...

I don't know whether it has a formal definition, but I said it in the context of a person who does maths. (I think I use it a lot! :o )

I suppose it is a person who likes maths, since I always say it to the Tweenies, and to some other people who get frightened by the word 'mathematician'! :D

It probably depends on the tone of the phrase.

beans said...

Yes, sadly I googled my name again today and have another hit! :D hehe, it's going to dissapear soon, but initally I was slightly 'shocked' since it was rather unexpected!

[I didn't know of it until someone pointed it out to me!]